I have come across this question in a couple of different places recently. And I have to admit I thought it a strange one.

 It suggests many things may be listed before your own name. Or maybe some would quickly answer by naming themselves first.

I do not think about self-love often. But I thought about it the other day when I read this.

So here is my answer, I know I love myself by the way I treat others.

 Love your neighbor as you love yourself is a perfect tool for measuring self-love.

How do you treat your neighbors?

Another excellent tool is: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Pretty simple, isn't it?

Forgiveness and grace, not taking offense, allowing open and honest communication to really hear what another needs to say are all ways to walk in love.

I like myself so much when I walk through this life using these wonderful tools.

Kindness matters.

You know... I don't believe love takes much notice of self at all.

At least I Corinthians 13:4-8 doesn't seem to speak of self.

Our heavenly Father, who is love, loves me, and He is my love source.

       


 

Comments

Popular Posts