Doing Life With God
I believe most of us are familiar with this verse. It comes right after the one that says,
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding."
I think we can all say we have faced situations we simply could not understand.
Running to this verse has brought peace to many of us and strengthened our faith.
When I read verse five, I see God as a loving Father.
His understanding is so much greater than mine, and I can trust Him to take good care of me, even when I cannot see what He is doing.
Then I read verse six, and I see another beautiful aspect of our relationship with Him.
I see a Friend who wants to walk through every part of life with me.
"In all your ways acknowledge Him..."
That invitation is not limited to church services, Bible studies, or moments of crisis. It includes our work, our homes, our conversations, our errands, our joys, our disappointments, and even the ordinary routines that seem insignificant.
I've recently had several conversations with people who wonder if what they do each day really matters to God.
They tend to separate their lives into "spiritual" activities and ordinary ones, believing that things like embroidery, gardening, or household tasks are less important to God than ministry.
Yet God invites us to acknowledge Him in all our ways.
Perhaps we have been looking at it the wrong way.
He is asking each of us to invite Him into the life He has given us.
When we invite Him in all our ways, we welcome His presence into every part of our day.
We talk with Him as we would a trusted friend.
We listen for His direction.
We learn to recognize His voice as He gently leads us day by day. He doesn't simply point us toward the right path from a distance, He walks it with us.
There are no ordinary moments when they are shared with God, to know Him more deeply and reflect His presence to those around us.
The more we invite Him into the ordinary moments of life, the more we discover that He has been there all along, desiring not just our obedience, but our friendship and fellowship.
Acknowledging Him simply means including Him in whatever we're about to do.
"Come with me today, Lord. Let's work in the garden together."
Or, "Father, help me write these words."
"Lord, I'm heading to work now. Come with me."
These simple invitations turn ordinary moments into times of fellowship.
As we acknowledge Him in all our ways, even the simplest tasks become opportunities to enjoy His companionship.
He is the one who gave us our gifts, our talents, our personalities, and the abilities that make each of us unique.
He delights in walking beside us, not only when we are serving Him in ways the world calls "ministry," but also when we are simply being the person He created us to be.
Friendship with God is lived out in the ordinary moments of everyday life.
God doesn't just want us to acknowledge Him. He wants us to acknowledge that He is with us.
Sharing life is what friends do.



Comments
Post a Comment