So, I Did a Thing Today
So, I did a thing today.
Maybe I should be embarrassed that I haven’t done this sooner, but believe me...
I am way more excited than embarrassed.
I went to the Loutit District Library here in Grand Haven and got my library card!
You know... the place where they keep actual books. Books with real pages you can smell and feel and maybe even have an out-of-body experience over.
Well, you could.
I used my Kindle for years. Way too many years, I now know.
It all started when I received a brochure in the mail telling me about everything the library has lined up for the next three months.
Hands-on crafts, walking tours, stargazing, concerts, trivia nights, and even dancing!
But what grabbed me by the heart was the writer’s workshop.
I couldn’t wait to shower, get dressed, and head to the library today.
Oh boy.
The minute I walked through those doors, that old We’re not in Kansas anymore feeling swept over me in waves.
Was I breathing?
Could I swallow?
Books.
So many books.
I filled out the forms, signed up for a tour, and was handed my first library card in years.
And then...
Within minutes, I had picked out a book to bring home.
To my house.
To have and to hold and turn the actual pages while I find out who this ghost at the table is...
and secretly wonder if maybe we all have one.
I think I’m going to like having a library card again.



Comments
Post a Comment