My Testimony


 From the book:

MANY THINGS ABOUT TOMORROW 

By Winnie Garza



I mentioned my grandma was big on common sense, and

it was in that same kitchen that I learned to value it as well.

One of my siblings had told me that once the plug was pulled out of the bathtub, I had better hurry and get out, or I would go down the drain. Grandma was trying to wash my hair over her kitchen sink, while I kept pushing away from the drain that was just inches away from my face, screaming, “I’m going down the drain! I’m going down the drain!”

“Now, listen here, girlie. You go right ahead and try to get your hand down that drain!” She took my hand and showed me it was too big to go into the drain, and she asked, “How is the rest of your body going to go down?”

I love a good old common sense “The truth will set you free” moment! Letting go of misconceptions and grasping truth does indeed set us free.




Comments

Popular Posts